Tuesday 20 November 2012

Nicki Minaj scared


Nicki Minaj is not known for her subtlety or her calm demeanor.  The outlandish star has also faced a barrage of criticism over a feud with fellow American Idol judge Mariah Carey. Clips were released of drama between the two, and Nicki was even quoted as making death threats to Mariah!  It seems that now, however, Nicki may be regretting some of her words.  It seems that Nicki is fearing that her candor with Mariah may lose
her some fans.

Many stars joined in on the Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey drama, and at it’s peak, even President Obama spoke on the dynamic, saying “I think that they are going to be able to sort it out, I am confident,” Obama said. “I’m all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they’re moving forward and not going backwards.”
Nicki Minaj has had some time to cool down and think about how her words and actions were perceived, and she seems to be having some second thoughts about what she said.  Nicki believes that her behavior may garner her some bad press. She went to the Ryan Seacrest show today to air her concerns.
“I’m scared. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so like… It’s hard for me to not say how I really feel.  Everyone else is so nice. I was just thinking back about some things and I was like, ‘I wonder if that was not so nice.’ I don’t think I’m going to be able to watch it. I’m going to be so nervous. But I know people are going to love it. I think it’s a great dynamic.”
When asked about her opinion on the talent at American Idol, Nicki said she was always honest.
”As an artist I’ve always grown more from the tougher criticism and so I would like to be that person and to try to help people get that thick skin and to really give it their all, because it is a competition.”
When asked about the tense drama, Nicki said, ”The chemistry of the judges, I feel it while I’m there. I think it’s really different from anything we’ve seen before on Idol and people are going to like it.

Labels: